• Proceeds from every sale go directly to One Tree Planted– is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit on a mission to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Their projects span the globe and are done in partnership with local communities and knowledgeable experts to create an impact for nature, people, and wildlife. Reforestation helps to rebuild forests after fires and floods, provide jobs for social impact, and restore biodiversity. Many projects have overlapping objectives, creating a combination of benefits that contribute to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. To learn more, visit onetreeplanted.org
• Sponsor: Grassroots California. Grassroots began making hats for a documentary film they were producing in 2009 and has since created fitted hats for some of the biggest names in the industry. From national artists like Method Man, to the biggest names in the jam scene like Jerry Garcia and Griz, to the best custom hats in the country, Grassroots provides cutting edge state of the art designs in every type of hat they create. Grassroots has thrived to be an industry leader by paying attention to every detail, and providing environmentally friendly hats made with hemp.
• Artist: Amanda Vela of Spirit Pervades Matter is a local Denver artist. Her focus is creating art that represents the unconscious, the elements of reality that are below the surface, a dimension that lies beyond the appearance of things, a transcendental reality, or the spirit that pervades matter. Amanda is dedicated to giving back to the community by donating a portion of Spirit Pervades Matter’s profits to charity. She is also passionate about using recycled and repurposed materials, all of Amanda’s original artwork are framed in locally, hand-made, reclaimed wood frames.
• Blackspy Marketing is designed to accommodate artists, venues, festivals and events with a full service street team and grassroots marketing campaign. With strategy, they design a creative and unique approach to brand your event. Full service campaigns include initial designing, printing, and distribution of promotional material to interactive and social media in the digital realm. They have become a positive force in the industry by mastering the basics of marketing support for current and future touring schedules, as well as the comprehension that our community holds the future of marketing tactics. Follow Blackspy on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• This crowd fundraiser is active June 23rd – July 14th, 2021. If the minimum goal of 12 Tarpestrys is met, production will begin and orders will be expected to ship by October 22nd. *Supporters will be notified of any production delays.
• Supporter is responsible for cost of shipping.
• Orders do not ship until fundraiser ends and production is finished (approx. 2 months).
• A minimum of 12 Tarpestrys must be sold during crowdfunding campaign in order for production to begin.
• If the minimum order is not met refunds will be processed the week of July 26th.
No returns or exchanges.
SIZE: 7′ x 4.5′
WEIGHT: 4 lbs
• Storage pocket with velcro closure
• Standard 4 grommets – one on each corner. Choose additional grommets for hanging and staking options: over a hammock, setting up a pup-tent, lean-to, etc.
EPIC STYLE UPPER:
• UV/fade resistant poplin, sublimation print
• Digitally printed replication of artwork by Amanda Vela.
• Water repellent/UV resistant polyester (charcoal)
• Polyester border (black)
• Cleaning. Treat the Tarpestry like a tarp! Shake it out when it’s dirty, rinse it off with a hose when it’s really dirty. Spot clean with mild soap. Hang to dry. Harsh detergent and the agitation of the machine wash will eventually break down the inner coating on the Tarpestry. You won’t see this but you may notice a decrease in water-repellency. If there is a noticeable difference in functionality, re-coat the Tarpestry with spray for waterproofing outdoor gear.
• Sun exposure. Rugged, Mini and Epic Tarpestrys have UV treated fabrics – the colors for these styles will last the longest. These two styles are what you want if you plan to have your Tarpestry outside 24/7. The Classic Style Tarpestry has a soft cotton upper that is printed with vegetable dyes – this cotton fabric is not UV treated. The vibrancy may fade but the functionality will not!
• Water. The Tarpestry is not waterproof, it is highly water-repellent. Ergo, it will repel the water to a point. Lay your Tarpestry down on damp grass and you will stay high and dry. If you lay it down in a puddle, it will eventually saturate and you will have a soggy bottom. The Tarpestry is not a float. If you use your Tarpestry for rain protection, hang it at an angle so that the water can bead up and roll down. If you allow the water to pool, it will eventually saturate. And for the love of Pete have the water-repellent base fabric facing the rain.
See FAQ page for more info!