• Proceeds from every sale go directly to Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom – an independent historic music venue in Denver, CO. Cervantes’ and The Other Side have played host to thousands of live shows including intimate performances with Chris Robinson (Black Crowes), Derek Trucks, Dr. John, Pretty Lights, Bassnectar, Nas, Big Boi, STS9, Sam Bush, Page McConnell of Phish, Branford Marsalis, and Warren Haynes to name a few.
• Lauri Keener is the artist for this Tarpestry and is based in Denver, CO. A grateful lover of music, Keener attributes much of her spirit and personal growth to it. Life became much more vibrant when she began painting the live music scene in Denver.
• This crowd fundraiser is active December 1-21st. If the minimum goal of 12 Tarpestrys is met, production will begin and orders will be expected to ship by March 1st. *Supporters will be notified of any production delays.
• Supporter is responsible for cost of shipping.
• Orders do not ship until fundraiser ends and production is finished (approx. 2 months).
• A minimum of 12 Tarpestrys must be sold during crowdfunding campaign in order for production to begin.
• If the minimum order is not met refunds will be processed the week of December 28th.
No returns or exchanges.
SIZE: 7′ x 4.5′
WEIGHT: 4 lbs
• Storage pocket with velcro closure
• Standard 4 grommets – one on each corner. Choose additional grommets for hanging and staking options: over a hammock, setting up a pup-tent, lean-to, etc.
EPIC STYLE UPPER:
• UV/fade resistant poplin, sublimation print
• Digitally printed replication of live painting by Lauri Keener.
• Water repellent/UV resistant polyester (charcoal)
• Polyester border (black)
• Cleaning. Treat the Tarpestry like a tarp! Shake it out when it’s dirty, rinse it off with a hose when it’s really dirty. Spot clean with mild soap. Hang to dry. Harsh detergent and the agitation of the machine wash will eventually break down the inner coating on the Tarpestry. You won’t see this but you may notice a decrease in water-repellency. If there is a noticeable difference in functionality, re-coat the Tarpestry with spray for waterproofing outdoor gear.
• Sun exposure. Rugged, Mini and Epic Tarpestrys have UV treated fabrics – the colors for these styles will last the longest. These two styles are what you want if you plan to have your Tarpestry outside 24/7. The Classic Style Tarpestry has a soft cotton upper that is printed with vegetable dyes – this cotton fabric is not UV treated. The vibrancy may fade but the functionality will not!
• Water. The Tarpestry is not waterproof, it is highly water-repellent. Ergo, it will repel the water to a point. Lay your Tarpestry down on damp grass and you will stay high and dry. If you lay it down in a puddle, it will eventually saturate and you will have a soggy bottom. The Tarpestry is not a float. If you use your Tarpestry for rain protection, hang it at an angle so that the water can bead up and roll down. If you allow the water to pool, it will eventually saturate. And for the love of Pete have the water-repellent base fabric facing the rain.
See FAQ page for more info!