• Proceeds from every sale benefit The Capitol Theatre – a historic music venue in New York. Originally opened as a theatre in 1926, in the late 60’s the theater was renovated as a psychedelic performance space, and it hosted just about every major rock and roll act of that time period with the likes of Janis Joplin, Traffic, Pink Floyd and the Grateful Dead all graced the Port Chester stage during its heyday. In September 2012, with Peter Shapiro at the helm, The Capitol Theatre reopened as Westchester’s new premier rock palace.
• Also benefitting Conscious Alliance – a nonprofit organization committed to support communities in crisis though hunger relief and youth empowerment. “We feed families in communities that need it most. Our network of creative people — artists, musicians, food makers, and fans — use their time and talents to make that happen. Our alliance empowers young people to make a tangible difference in the lives of people in underserved communities.”
• Artwork for this Tarpestry is by Pete Schaw – a freelance illustrator / graphic designer working out of Seattle, WA who is well known in the live music community. He has created show prints for Umphreys Mcgee, String Cheese Incident, Widespread Panic, Railroad Earth, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Greensky and others. He has also produced prints for music festivals including High Sierra, Lockn, The Festy Experience and Sweetwater in the Sun.
• This crowd fundraiser is active until Feb. 26th. If the minimum goal of 12 Tarpestrys is met, production will begin and orders will be expected to ship by May 30th. *Supporters will be notified of any production delays.
• Supporter is responsible for cost of shipping.
• Orders do not ship until fundraiser ends and production is finished (approx. 2 months).
• A minimum of 12 Tarpestrys must be sold during crowdfunding campaign in order for production to begin.
• If the minimum order is not met refunds will be processed on March 1st.
No returns or exchanges.
SIZE: 7′ x 4.5′
WEIGHT: 4 lbs
• Storage pocket with velcro closure
• Standard 4 grommets – one on each corner. Choose additional grommets for hanging and staking options: over a hammock, setting up a pup-tent, lean-to, etc.
EPIC STYLE UPPER:
• UV/fade resistant poplin, sublimation print
• Water repellent/UV resistant polyester (charcoal)
• Polyester border (black)
• Cleaning. Treat the Tarpestry like a tarp! Shake it out when it’s dirty, rinse it off with a hose when it’s really dirty. Spot clean with mild soap. Hang to dry. Harsh detergent and the agitation of the machine wash will eventually break down the inner coating on the Tarpestry. You won’t see this but you may notice a decrease in water-repellency. If there is a noticeable difference in functionality, re-coat the Tarpestry with spray for waterproofing outdoor gear.
• Sun exposure. Rugged, Mini and Epic Tarpestrys have UV treated fabrics – the colors for these styles will last the longest. These two styles are what you want if you plan to have your Tarpestry outside 24/7. The Classic Style Tarpestry has a soft cotton upper that is printed with vegetable dyes – this cotton fabric is not UV treated. The vibrancy may fade but the functionality will not!
• Water. The Tarpestry is not waterproof, it is highly water-repellent. Ergo, it will repel the water to a point. Lay your Tarpestry down on damp grass and you will stay high and dry. If you lay it down in a puddle, it will eventually saturate and you will have a soggy bottom. The Tarpestry is not a float. If you use your Tarpestry for rain protection, hang it at an angle so that the water can bead up and roll down. If you allow the water to pool, it will eventually saturate. And for the love of Pete have the water-repellent base fabric facing the rain.
See FAQ page for more info!