• Proceeds from every sale go directly to Blue Ridge Conservancy a private, non-profit, non-governmental organization incorporated in North Carolina. Blue Ridge Conservancy partners with landowners and local communities to permanently protect natural resources with agricultural, cultural, recreational, ecological and scenic value in northwest North Carolina. They have protected over 20,000 acres in Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Mitchell, Watauga, Wilkes and Yancey Counties. In addition to protecting working farmland, BRC’s efforts have resulted in the creation of state natural areas like Beech Creek Bog, Bear Paw and Bullhead Mountain. They continue to help Elk Knob State Park and Grandfather Mountain State Park expand their borders and led the way in establishing a 3,600-acre State Game Land preserve on Pond Mountain in Ashe County.
• Valentine Reilly was born in GA and grew up loving the outdoors, art, and music. She was drawn to the Grateful Dead at an early age and soon after found Phish, Widespread Panic, and the entire jam band community. Art had always been a favorite hobby, but soon it was more than that as she became aware that sharing her art in tribute to the music she loved meant being able to see more live music! It has been nearly 14 years since her first poster- and hundreds of posters later she has gone from hand drawing and painting to running a full screen printing shop – KindDesigns Screen Printing – and hand printing all her poster art, as well as t-shirts and many other items for whatever her clients may need. She now takes official music artist as clients, still dabbles in a few tribute pieces, and tries to get to every live music show she can! Valentine lives in the lovely mountains of Boone, NC with her husband, 3 kids, their dog Roscoe, bearded dragon Spike, and her turtles Bertha and Rebirtha.
• This crowd fundraiser is active June 2-23, 2021. If the minimum goal of 12 Tarpestrys is met, production will begin and orders will be expected to ship by September 23. *Supporters will be notified of any production delays.
• Supporter is responsible for cost of shipping.
• Orders do not ship until fundraiser ends and production is finished (approx. 2 months).
• A minimum of 12 Tarpestrys must be sold during crowdfunding campaign in order for production to begin.
• If the minimum order is not met refunds will be processed the week of June 28.
No returns or exchanges.
SIZE: 7′ x 4.5′
WEIGHT: 4 lbs
• Storage pocket with velcro closure
• Standard 4 grommets – one on each corner. Choose additional grommets for hanging and staking options: over a hammock, setting up a pup-tent, lean-to, etc.
EPIC STYLE UPPER:
• UV/fade resistant poplin, sublimation print
• Digitally printed replication, enhanced by Valentine.
• Water repellent/UV resistant polyester (charcoal)
• Polyester border (black)
• Cleaning. Treat the Tarpestry like a tarp! Shake it out when it’s dirty, rinse it off with a hose when it’s really dirty. Spot clean with mild soap. Hang to dry. Harsh detergent and the agitation of the machine wash will eventually break down the inner coating on the Tarpestry. You won’t see this but you may notice a decrease in water-repellency. If there is a noticeable difference in functionality, re-coat the Tarpestry with spray for waterproofing outdoor gear.
• Sun exposure. Rugged, Mini and Epic Tarpestrys have UV treated fabrics – the colors for these styles will last the longest. These two styles are what you want if you plan to have your Tarpestry outside 24/7. The Classic Style Tarpestry has a soft cotton upper that is printed with vegetable dyes – this cotton fabric is not UV treated. The vibrancy may fade but the functionality will not!
• Water. The Tarpestry is not waterproof, it is highly water-repellent. Ergo, it will repel the water to a point. Lay your Tarpestry down on damp grass and you will stay high and dry. If you lay it down in a puddle, it will eventually saturate and you will have a soggy bottom. The Tarpestry is not a float. If you use your Tarpestry for rain protection, hang it at an angle so that the water can bead up and roll down. If you allow the water to pool, it will eventually saturate. And for the love of Pete have the water-repellent base fabric facing the rain.
See FAQ page for more info!