Your Tarpestry arrives in the mail – it’s perfectly folded in perfect form in it’s perfect little box. You can’t wait to see the design so you untie the rope and spread it open on your living room floor. You admire your Tarpestry in all of it’s splendor. Maybe your new Tarpestry is one of the lucky 3D designs and you put on your 3D glasses and get lost for a while. Maybe you take a nap. Eventually you come back to the world and need to roll up the Tarpestry again. You start to fold it based on the existing fold lines – much like putting a map back together. And with similar results, it is not perfectly folded in perfect form and you ask yourself “how did this EVER fit inside that tiny box??”. Well suffer no longer, friends, because Team Tarpestry is here to help! This is an easy fold/roll and once you know it…you know it.
Here’s the method:
- Fold once, hamburger style, grommet to grommet. For those of you who missed out on this in first grade – hamburger style is folding in half to get a square-ish fold instead of a long skinny fold (hot dog style).
- Same fold again, in half, same direction.
- Same fold one more time, in half, same direction.
- Flatten and smooth it out.
- Roll it up, nice and tight.
For the visual folks, a super professional video: