Since conception of the Tarpestry business our number one goal is to be a sustainable and eco-friendly company. Because alongside taking pleasure in the environment there have to be provisions to protect it. That is why we are dedicated to incorporating sustainable components in all aspects of business and life. Here are a few examples of what we are doing:
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS
- Tarpestrys are hand made in Boone, NC, where we live and run all aspects of the business. Local manufacturing reduces transportation as well as freight oil and gas consumption. Producing our product locally is very important to us as we believe it enriches our community and local economy.
- Classic Tarpestrys are printed with vegetable dyes. This prevents toxic chemicals from entering the water supply during the printing process.
RECYCLE & REPURPOSE
- We recycle or repurpose all shipping materials, cardboard, paper and plastics. We encourage you to do the same with our shipped order materials!
GREEN PACKAGING MATERIALS
- Tarpestrys are packaged with biodegradable thistle and paper. For shipping orders, Tarpestrys are wrapped with paper instead of plastic.
- Eliminate single use plastic tarps bound for the landfill. Instead of buying a tarp for a one-time outing, invest in a Tarpestry for years of enjoyment!