SIZE: 7.5′ x 4.5′
WEIGHT: 4 lbs
We’ve all felt the impacts of inflation over the last few years, and in an effort to bring a little relief, we’re introducing this (pocketless) design at a reduced price!
- Standard 4 grommets – one on each corner.
- Choose additional grommets for hanging and staking options: over a hammock, setting up a pup-tent, lean-to, etc.
CLASSIC STYLE UPPER:
• 100% pre-shrunk cotton. Fabric is silk-screen printed by hand. Slight imperfections from the printing process can be expected.
• Artwork by Dan Morris. Some of Dan’s best work is inspired from his experiences in nature in which he photographs. The process of creating artwork is a long one. Dan creates each piece of artwork separately beginning with a sketch. Once each image is complete he scans it into the computer and begins the layout process. You can find his artwork on prints, tapestries, pillow covers and decals through the Dan Morris Etsy store.
- Water repellent/UV resistant polyester (charcoal)
- Polyester border (black)
Treat the Tarpestry like a tarp! Shake it out when it’s dirty, rinse it off with a hose when it’s really dirty. Spot clean with mild soap. Hang to dry. Harsh detergent and the agitation of the machine wash will eventually break down the inner coating on the Tarpestry. You won’t see this but you may notice a decrease in water-repellency. If there is a noticeable difference in functionality, re-coat the Tarpestry with spray for waterproofing outdoor gear.
Rugged, Mini and Epic Tarpestrys have UV treated fabrics – the colors for these styles will last the longest. These two styles are what you want if you plan to have your Tarpestry outside 24/7. The Classic Style Tarpestry has a soft cotton upper that is printed with vegetable dyes – this cotton fabric is not UV treated. The vibrancy may fade but the functionality will not!
The Tarpestry is not waterproof, it is highly water-repellent. Ergo, it will repel the water to a point. Lay your Tarpestry down on damp grass and you will stay high and dry. If you lay it down in a puddle, it will eventually saturate and you will have a soggy bottom. The Tarpestry is not a float. If you use your Tarpestry for rain protection, hang it at an angle so that the water can bead up and roll down. If you allow the water to pool, it will eventually saturate. And for the love of Pete have the water-repellent base fabric facing the rain.
See FAQs page for more info!